Sunday, July 22, 2007

Seek an attorney for legal advice.

I was re-reading my first post, and I don't think that I was clear. My point was: if you thinking about filing for bankruptcy call an attorney for advice. Don't rely on non-attorneys to give you legal advice ... please, please, please.

Most attorneys (in my part of the world) offer the first 1/2 hour for free on bankruptcy cases.

Lately, I have been meeting with clients, who have waited to come in to see us. We could have done more for them if we would have seen them a few months ago. In many cases, non-attorneys have given them incorrect information.

Practicing law is hard for attorneys, and I think that it is nearly impossible for non-attorneys.

My first day of law school at SMU (yes, in the big D), my property professor taught us the answer to all legal questions is "it depends." That is still true today for every issue.

No comments: