Monday, July 23, 2007

Stop My Bills.Com

Few months ago, my friend and typist left her job at my office. I miss her still, but it gave us the opportunity to try some new ways of doing things in the office. One of the things that we changed is very exciting. Our clients can do on-line intake at http://www.stopmybills.com/ at home before they come into the office. We can print out the on-line intake and review it with them at the first visit

In the past, it took clients 1 to 2 hours to merely fill out the paperwork in the office. Now, my clients or possible clients complete the on-line in-take at home. They have more flexibility to start and stop and re-start. I know that it is easier to type at home with all my papers around me that it is to hand write the answers. Also, we don't have to try to read every one's handwriting.

So, we have clients go to http://www.stopmybills.com/ and enter my ID: Sbratcherlaw. We receive an email that they have completed the intake. It is very exciting. I have documents that I can review at the first appointment. Just like at a doctor's office the more I know about the facts (within reason) the better advice I can give my clients.

Also, the information imports into the bankruptcy software. That means that we are spending more time editing rather than re-typing all of the information. Oh, just a hint for my clients ... please don't use all capital letters. It is like the information is being screamed at us. Thanks!

Bye for now,

Susan

No comments: